Meatspace anonymity manual

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Sat Jul 7 03:13:51 PDT 2001

On 6 Jul 2001, Craig Brozefsky wrote:

>So are you being sarcastic or are you really failing to understand that
>Black Blocs are a short-term tactic for possibly illegal operations on the
>street in an environment full of police, and not some demonstrative symbol
>of anarchist philosophy representing their vision of society?

I would have to be flatlining pretty bad in order not to see that. But as
the protection afforded by Black Blocs is quite thin (just indict them under
organized crime or gang laws), the excercise has publicity stunt written all
over it, and they *are* still undeniably broadcasting a message telling
Black Blockers are willing to operate in ways diametrically opposed to the
core anachist ideology, the whole thing seems both clueless and
untrustworthy. I think those are precisely the criteria sarcasm was invented
to be applied by.

Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy, mailto:decoy at iki.fi, gsm: +358-50-5756111