Ohio man convicted for "obscene" stories in his private journal

Marc Rotenberg rotenberg at epic.org
Thu Jul 5 08:34:54 PDT 2001

	If the First Amendment means anything, it means that a State
	has no business telling a man, sitting alone in his own house,
	what books he may read or what films he may watch. Our whole
	constitutional heritage rebels at the thought of giving
	government the power to control men's minds.

	Stanley v. Georgia, 394 US 557, 566 (1969) (Marshall, J.)