OPT: Re: DCchat program (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Jul 4 14:26:13 PDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:29:37 -0800 (PDT)
From: davidthompson at hushmail.com
To: coderpunks at toad.com
Subject: Re: DCchat program

The DCchat program I wrote about a couple of weeks ago is ready for test
now.
It is available at http://www.geocities.com/cryptosw.  It is written in
Python and
requires threads and Tkinter support built in.

I ended up leaving out the "nym" feature, all messages are anonymous.  Mostly
at this point I want to know if it works with moderate numbers of users
(3-20).
Can the DC net scale?  When does it fall apart?

Any questions please feel free to ask.  Perhaps people could agree on a
time
to try a chat?

If you want to try chatting, first run the program once ahead of time and
it will
create your host key in a file hostkey.pub.  You can post that and users
can check
to see if it is present in the list.  Eventually I hope to automate this
checking to
some degree, a la ssh.

DT

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com