Of Art, Earthquakes, Image Processing And Restoration

Wouter Slegers wouter at yourcreativesolutions.nl
Wed Jul 4 02:22:04 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 08:12:16AM -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Wouter Slegers wrote:
> > I don't think this texture classification method is going to work on
> > normal printed text, as it has no real distinguishing texture. For
> Text is printed on paper.
Obviously. But to use the texture classification method for
'deshredding', the paper must consist of multiple distinct textures or
else you will not get any information out of the method besides the type
of paper used. For deshredding, the likelyhood of two pieces of
paper being previously attached is needed.
So for this to be usable on paper, paper needs to have significantly
varying texture. For rice-paper, parchment and watermarks I can see this
work, but for normal paper?? Does anyone have experience in this or a
cite?

With kind regards,
Wouter Slegers