Cloning, miscarriange, and the 1st

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 4 07:49:28 PDT 2001

     And not even really Judeo, just rednecked Christian. Ancient Judaism was
polygamous, as anyone who can read the Old Testament knows. And it wasn't just
the "shamanic drug rituals" of native americans that was banned -- *ALL*
religious practices were banned for many decades. Many indigenous people were
killed simply for engaging in religious dancing -- Sun Dance and Ghost Dance
in particular, but all other spiritual worship was banned as well.
     Not only native americans, but many others are banned from practicing
their religion -- Hindu and Rastafarian use of ganga, for example. Santeria,
Vodun, and like african/earth based religions are regularly persecuted,
likewise Wicca and Druidism. Don't even mention Satanism. None of the last few
mentioned are allowed on military bases, for example, and Dubbya, asked about
this during the campaign, said they weren't "real" religions. Police raid
ceremonies in many localities.
     How anyone can actually believe that we have any semblance of "freedom of
religion" in the US is mind boggling. Well, I guess the same can be said for
any belief we have a constitutional government at all, or have had for a long,
long time.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix