Misc

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Sun Jul 1 22:39:08 PDT 2001

Choate on Eco-Terrorism:
#    http://slashdot.org/science/01/07/01/1634213.shtml

While searching for 'fire unsolved "melt concrete"',
I came across:
    http://www.landrights.org/ALRA.oregonian.eco-terrorism.htm

The robotic blimp idea reminded me of a TV report I
saw where someone is occasionally setting fires around
the country using some sort of chemicals that burn
very, very hot. It burned holes through some concrete
building tops. A real mystery, and they didn't know
what the chemicals were.

No "cause" was involved, just the love of fire.

But I don't remember the channel, and I can't find a
trace of it using google. If anyone has heard of this
let me know. Sounds like good blimp payload for radomes. ;-)

----

Found a lot of weird stuff while searching.

----

    The melting point of concrete varies between 1800-25000C.

Arcstarter: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160/

    Things to do with a 25000 Joule capacitor...
    Explode a hotdog using #24 copper wire and a large capacitor (pending)
    (did you know - a hotdog will dissipate 5 million watts at 20,000 volts???)
    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160/jacko.html

Melt a penny, WWW supported by NASA (USA military)
    http://wattwatchers.utep.edu/penny.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2001/06/13/speeder.DTL
#
#    Speeder Clocked At -- 712 MPH?!
#    Wednesday, June 13, 2001
#
#    KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- A driver accused of going 712
#    mph in a 56 zone says there must be some mistake that's nearly
#    the speed of sound.
#
#    While he doesn't claim to be completely innocent, Lim Ang Hing
#    says his speedometer on his sedan goes only up to 161, The Star
#    newspaper reported Tuesday.
#
#    In February, a taxi driver received a speeding ticket for
#    allegedly driving at 696 mph. Police said the problem is
#    probably a technical glitch.

Barbicide: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1609480292

The Unix Haters Handbook
http://catalog.com/hopkins/unix-haters/login.html

There is this on the Department of Defense adopting StarOffice...
http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2779806,00.html