Banned Research and Raids on "Secret Labs"

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:00:59 PDT 2001

>At 11:36 AM 7/1/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>3. The "chilling effect" issue. These raids and "timeouts" (their language)
are used to harass and slow down researchers and other politically incorrect
persons. The language is telling: "send a message," "signal our unhappiness,
" "order a timeout," "a shot across the bow," etc.  These raids and subpoenas
and "visits" are designed to intimidate in an extra-constitutional way.
The Founders would see this as another case of the King's Men throwing their
weight around.

An eqally chilling response would be for a few terminally ill anarchists
to wire up their home with explosives, announce they too intend to conduct
human cloning experiments and wait for the no-know at the door.

ks
Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com