Aluminum underwear, pants, suitcases illegal in CO stores

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Sun Jul 1 16:07:34 PDT 2001

Regarding the criminalization of anti-surveillance devices aimed at
thwarting retail theft protection systems....(foil-lined bags, etc.)

There is a similar bill up in Texas. (I think I posted on this.) Actually,
this was addressed by other state legislatures as far back as 1988.

Meanwhile, DIY spyware is marketed on the Net with a clearly illusory
alternative purpose.

The security industry says it's a serious problem, but the criminalization
of countermeasures gives me considerable pause.

~Aimee