Banned Research and Raids on "Secret Labs"

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 11:02:52 PDT 2001

>this, but at least the point is arguable. The issue of whether human
>cloning research is so intrinsically sensitive or dangerous that it
>requires preemptive raids and fishing expeditions is a topic worth
>discussing. For now, I'm pointing out some of the disturbing
>constitutional issues.

Cloning taboo, as all other taboos exist because of the influence they may have
on the powers that be. Individual identity is a basis for so-called "legal
system" and law enforcement in general. While corporations and governments (as
in "powers that be") are allowed group/communal identities, mere citizen-units
are not.

I think that there is a generic fear that powerful individuals (cloning is
off-limits to wage slaves) would somehow become more powerful if they can copy
themselves.

Also, lot of the System is based on the strict reproduction control,
individuals coming out in unapproved manner would mess that up.

Can you imagine Tim May *brought up* by Tim May ? Horrible.

But I don't think that it can be stopped. There is a strong incentive for
corporations to breed obedient workers and for the state to breed servile
citizens. That is much more economical and less risky than having to brainwash
each and every new generation.

Soon you'll see middle-aged bald and impotent managers asking the meekest and
lowest paid 10-hr/day workers if they will donate some stem cells for a day
off. Same thing will happen in the voting booths.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/