Whats NOOS?

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Wed Jan 31 08:05:23 PST 2001

I love these scavenger hunts.
It's possible (probable!) that none of these are
what you want.

A Google search turns up:
-----------------
NOOS Space Technologies Limited
is a Russian Satcom group:
http://www.fas.org/spp/civil/russia/nst.htm
This looks like a possibility, though what
they'd be doing in Dennmark is anyones
guess. The presence of an American does
not mean much - he could be a contractor.

Links from that site are intriguing.

------------------
http://www.vnh.org/Admin/Afloat/Afloat01.html
This looks interesting. The document appears to
deal with handling accidents in the US Navy. It
contains lines such as

" a.COMSC Safety Office (NOOS) shall"

the OS in NOOS could be Operational or Occupational
Safety. NOOS appears to be a title for a US Naval officer
with safety responsibilities.
----------

Noos is apparently the name of a cable operator/ISP? of Suez
Lyonnaise des Eaux,  partially owned by Morgan Stanley
Dean Witter, an American company.

http://www.francetelecomna.com/nr/nr_prre/nr_prre_08-07-00_noos.htm
http://www.apec.asso.fr/entreprise/32910827800048-noos/
http://noos.free.fr seems to be an independent group for users of
NOOS

This also looks like a good possibility
-------------
Sillier ones:

Network of Objectivist Scholars (http://www.objectivist-scholars.net/)
Nah, I don't think the Randites are building radomes in Dennmark
(sounds like something out of Illuminatus!)
-------------
Nigi Nigi Nu Noos e Nu Nu Noos is the name of a resort at
Balabag, Boracay Island, Malaya
http://www.bridgestravel.com/nigi-nigi/index.htm
(I know that's not it, but could not resist the temptation to
type Nigi Nigi Nu Noos e Nu Nu Noos :-)
Noos is of course, ancient Greek for 'mind'.
Nasda Ocean Observation System
http://www.ioccg.org/thailand/noos.html