Absolutely not a joke.

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Wed Jan 31 09:53:47 PST 2001

>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:45:43AM -0800, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>> > Windows is also built to be insecure; there are backdoor keys for
>> > law-enforcement types to stick "trusted" trojans on the system,
>>
>> Everything else is true, but I'm not sure about the above.
>> You're talking about the NSA key, I assume.
>
>Don't encourage this freak and his mis-information Declan....

The basic concept seems probable, likely or at the very least on
someone's wishlist depending on your degree of paranoia. It is not
necessarily misinformation. Unfortunately it remains unsupported by
examples. Unidentified Execution Objects so to speak. That
notwithstanding, I wouldn't do anything on a Win platform that I wanted
to keep absolutely secure.

Mike