hi

petro petro at bounty.org
Wed Jan 31 00:57:28 PST 2001

>My uptime on my Linux server is 112 days, and that's just because I
>had to install memory. My uptime on my Windows 98 laptop is about 1
>day.

	We had--until the middle of december--a linux box running
mysql that served as the solitary authentication DB for our (the
company I work for) website. Approximately 500k users in the
database. About 200k active in a given week.

	The *mysql* instance had been running for 246 days. The
machine under it for a little longer. It had run for several months
before that, but it was moved from one building to another.

	For space and saftey reasons we moved it to a Sun 420 with a
big disk cluster with Veratas.

	It crashed and burned within a month.

	Never fuck with a working box.
--
A quote from Petro's Archives:
"As someone who has worked both in private industry and in academia,