hi

Me commerce at home.com
Tue Jan 30 07:52:03 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Olsen" <alan at clueserver.org>
> I thought that involved removing Outlook.  (Microsoft has
pretty much
> absolved themselves of any responsibility for the scripting
hols that
> allow this kind of crap.  I don't think that they ever fixed
the preview
> mode so that it would auto-run this kind of virus if you just
look at a
> message, for example.)

Microsoft did release a patch for this, which can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/security/bulletin/ms99-032.asp

When I view his message on my patched machine, Windows pops up a
'You crazy?' dialogue box as the script starts to run.

OTOH, Microsoft can't be trusted too far, so please let me know
if I am sending out a snippet of evil code with this message. :)