Recommendations for Cypherpunks Books

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Jan 29 19:05:28 PST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Ken Brown wrote:

> If you mean Michael Moorcock I think they were fans of his and he wrote
> some lyrics for them & later on he did go on stage with them now and
> again but I don't think it's true to say they *started* that way or that
> they were just a "front band" for him.  (Unlike the short-lived and
> semi-fictional Deep Fix, which may have included a lot of Hawkwind
> members but was Moorcock's band)

In Michaels own words...

http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/moorcin.htm

(or go to google using 'hawkwind michael moorcock' and take 2nd link)

The only book of his I ever read was the Hawkwind one. It was ok if you
were stoned enough :)

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com