Bell Grand Jury Experience

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Jan 28 10:19:27 PST 2001

I've written up notes on the Bell grand jury experience,
a bit too long, too entrapping in this tar pit, to post here:

  http://cryptome.org/jdg-gje.htm

Others have told me about being warned by Robb London
about perjury and self-incrimination during testimony. Lawyers
say this is standard, but possibly lethal.

I didn't know that you can submit a sworn statement beforehand
that all questions will go unanswered to avoid self-incrimination
and that the US Attorneys Manual recommends excusing a
grand jury witness who does that. See the USAM on this:

   http://cryptome.org/grand-jury.htm