Whois Database Hacked for Microsoft.com

auto129994 at hushmail.com auto129994 at hushmail.com
Sat Jan 27 16:56:05 PST 2001

<snort>  When will people stop falling for this?

Remember that when you register a second-level domain, you can assign any
subdomains you want through your own DNS service.  The owners of KLUGE.ORG,
for example, could add RAYMOND.D.MERENIUK.IS.A.MORON.KLUGE.ORG.  If
Microsoft itself had such a juvenile sense of humor, it could strike back
with LINUS.SUCKS.DONKEY.BALLS.MICROSOFT.COM.  A few hours to propagate,
and
it's visible to everyone.

Duh.

"Raymond D. Mereniuk" <Raymond at fbn.bc.ca> babbled:

> It would appear this is not a good week for Microsoft.  It appears
> the Network Solutions whois database has been hacked.  This is
> what I get when I do a fwhois on a Linux system.
>
> whois.crsnic.net]
>
> Whois Server Version 1.3
>
> Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
> with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
> for detailed information.
>
> MICROSOFT.COM.WILL.LIVE.FOREVER.BUT.LUNIX.SUCKS-BYBIRTH.ARTISTICCHEESE.COM
>
> MICROSOFT.COM.WAS.HACKED.TODAY.BY.JAMESSMALL.COM
[...]
> MICROSOFT.COM.AINT.WORTH.SHIT.KLUGE.ORG
> MICROSOFT.COM

[...]