Intra-state == Inter-state

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Thu Jan 25 23:09:34 PST 2001

I was searching for a story where a major auction house
won (defended against) a copyright complaint that the
image of what was being sold was copyrighted, and came
across this. It was probably posted before, but here
it is again.

If anyone can locate the above story, please let me know.
The old fart I photograph some stuff for on Sothebys had
some of his stuff taken down because of such a silly complaint.

----

http://www.uiowa.edu/~cyberlaw/cls99/loundy09.html
#
#    CYBERCRIME (E-MAIL HARASSMENT):  On December 11, a U.S. postal worker named
#    John Murillo was convicted by a federal jury following a five-day trial
#    conducted in Federal Court in Laredo, Texas.  The man was accused of
#    sending an e-mail to a co-worker in which he threatened to "go postal" and
#    to participate in a "shootout at the O.K. Corral."  The man was convicted
#    of transporting a threat across state lines because the message passed
#    through servers located in Tennessee, Georgia, and New Jersey before it
#    reached its in-state destination.  The man reportedly faces five years in
#    prison when he is sentenced.  See "Postal Worker Guilty in Threat Via
#    E-Mail," N.Y. Times, Dec. 13, 1998, at 37, col. 1.  See also
#    http://search.nytimes.com/search/daily/bin/fastweb?getdoc+site+iib-site+150
#    +0+wAAA+e-mail.