Bell Grand Jury

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Thu Jan 25 13:06:53 PST 2001

This morning I testified before a Grand Jury in
Western Washington District Court, Seattle, which
is investigating Jim Bell for interstate stalking
of federal officials.

The testimony concerned what I knew about alleged
CIA employee Mueller and Jim's alleged gathering of
personsal information about this person.

I provided the Grand Jury my messages to cypherpunks
about this topic which are the only documents I had
to offer in response to the subpoena.

AUSA Robb London conducted most of the questioning,
with some questions from the jury.

Robb said I was not a target of an investigation but
my testimony and/or perjury could change that.

I will attempt to get a transcript of my testimony
and put it on Cryptome. Robb said that is doable
but it will take a judge's order to release.

Robb said Jim is still in evaluation to determine his
fitness to represent himself. A trial date will not be
set until the evaluation is completed and the judge
decides.

Jeff Gordon was in the grand jury suite but did
not attend the hearing.