APM: GnuPG and Perl GnuPG Interface for (En/De)cryption Question (fwd)

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed Jan 24 15:29:58 PST 2001

Isn't this really equivalent to using Conventional-only encryption
instead of public-key encryption?  Or is there some reason you want
to keep a public key in the process?  As with any customer-chosen
passphrase, there's the wimpy-passphrase problem, but you could
do something with salt to help strengthen it.
And avoiding public key should speed up your protocol a good bit,
though you've still got a public-key phase in your SSL.

At 05:15 PM 1/24/01 -0600, Jim Choate Forwarded:

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com