oppose nomination of John Ashcroft

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Wed Jan 24 00:00:43 PST 2001

Jim Burnes smoldered:
#    Reese wrote:
#    > Reno burned little kids in their church, because of the FIREARMS held
#    > or believed to be held somewhere on or around the compound.
#    >
#    > You might want to reappraise.
#
#    I've appraised the Waco scenario more than most.  You might want to
#    do a little digging before you trumpet the statist line.  I don't
#    know if you're a US citizen Reese, but owning firearms in Texas is
#    not a reason to burn and gas people alive.  Go get informed.

Sure it is. The BATF was the lead agency:

    o The F.B.I., through the Department of Justice, requested that Texas
      Governor Ann Richards allow the use of helicopters from the Texas
      National Guard at Waco. Texas law forbids the use of the National
      Guard in police action against a citizen of the state, except when
      drugs are involved in a criminal action.

      But the BATF fabricated a drug charge ("ugh, they're operating a
      methamphetamine lab or something huh-huh-huh") to gain the use of the
      helicopters. Later, Governor Richards stated publicly that she had
      been lied to by the Department of Justice.

    Senator:   Did the FBI consider delivering Avalon fire-retardant gas?

    Reno/FBI:  No, how could we deliver it without getting shot?

It's called running another tube out the tank turret, just as was done
for delivering the highly flammable chemical-weapons grade tear gas in
the first place. Use another tank if necessary.

It was that simple.

   "We did not know the complex was on fire at first, but we started
    smelling smoke. We didn't know what to do.

    We were afraid that if we came out of the building, we would be shot.

    All of a sudden, the smoke came. I couldn't see my husband any more."

    After the whole thing was over, the BATF raised its own flag over
    the ruins.

Burn baby burn. 80 men, woman and children.

The official FBI fire plan [their own C-SPAN testimony], which they followed,
was letting them burn.

Janet "Barbecue" Reno. Who testified she would do nothing different again.

Law enforcement gun hysteria.

Like a scene from a nightmarish movie [such as Terry Gilliam's Brazil]
the Feds, while poking holes in the building with a tank snout and spraying
dangerous amounts of toxic tear gas, and while knocking down extended areas
of the compound (as shown and commented on by ABC news) with another tank in
the rear, blared 1984 Newspeak over loudspeakers at the hapless victims:

         "THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK. REPEAT THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK."