Some other math/crypto sci-fi

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Jan 23 13:53:39 PST 2001

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, dmolnar wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Jim Choate wrote:

> > (do we have a new category, crypto/math games?).
>
> I've had the idea of "collectible algorithm trading cards" kicking around
> for a while...

"Magic, the math edition!"...(somebody walking on grave)

That reminds me of a game called 'Equations' (I think) that I used to play
when I was in Jr. High and early High School. I've still got a copy but
can't put my hands on it for specifics...if I find it I'll pass info
along...but each player created 'equations' and played them off each other
like Scrabble. The game was challenging because the 'symbols' had to be
taken from a pile each player drew from, and equations had to be correct.
It covered basic algebra but calculus or number theory and such wouldn't
be that much more difficult to add. Though you'd need a larger symbol
pile/pull that might need some massaging.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com