Some other less serious math/crypto sci-fi

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Mon Jan 22 20:21:58 PST 2001

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Alan Olsen wrote:

> Another Crypto-related movie is:
>
> A Day At The Races by the Marx Bros. (The code book scene demonstrates the
> basis for the business plan of most of the crypto companies today!)

Some would say the last few presidencies have been based upon the Marx
Bros. (Especially "Duck Soup".)

Another couple of "honorable mentions" that come to mind are the "Flint"
movies.  (_Our Man Flint_ and _In Like Flint_.)  Crypto plays a part in
most of the communications.  (Although the mathematical sequence is based
on a guessable series of numbers.)

Others will probably come to mind later...

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."