Safety issue: 7.62 NATO == .308 Win NOT!!!

Reese reeza at flex.com
Sun Jan 21 02:49:25 PST 2001

At 07:09 PM 1/19/01 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
 >     Duh! Reese, you better learn to read.

Actually, I did read - the text at the top of the page, where it said
.308 Win and 7.62 NATO owners.  A quick look at the pictures, and I
then hit the <send>.  If anything, I'm guilty of haste.  Sue me.

I am not willing to place my life and extremities in the safety of your
anecdotal experience.   I'll take the lumps and remain steadfast; owners
of arms chambered in 7.62 NATO should not be firing .308 Win ammo in
them, unless the unit in question has been headspaced and pronounced
"safe" for the comparatively flimsy-walled .308 Win ammo, per the .308
Win headspace specifications.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of the investigation Clint McKee
has offered to perform, and don't get me started on 7.62 CETME.

Reese