Recommendations for Cypherpunks Books

Reese reeza at flex.com
Sun Jan 21 02:27:20 PST 2001

At 04:26 AM 1/21/01 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
 >On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 02:01:23PM -0600, Jim Choate wrote:
 >> > Can you distinguish a "cypherpunk" genre from a "cyberpunk" genre, and
 >is it
 >> > a worthwhile distinction, and what are the features ?
 >>
 >> Yes, it is worthwhile. Good luck finding anything that is remotely
 >> acceptable.
 >
 >Quick tip: Anything that Choate recommends, avoid.
 >
 >You could search on politechbot.com for "cypherpunk," I presume. Or
 >wired.com.

Take anything Declan says with a grain of salt, too - he leaves the "CDR"
in the subject line.

Just do some searches on the two terms, and if you have two brain cells
to rub together, you'll figure it out in fairly short order.

Once you have a better idea what the difference between the two is, you'll
be in a better position to ask relevant questions.

Reese