REAL assassination politics

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 09:29:58 PST 2001

At 12:19 PM 1/18/01 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>According to Rep. Barr, however, "These Executive orders
>limit the swift, sure, and precise action needed by the
>United States to protect our national security."
>
>Rep. Barr did not indicate exactly who he wants the Government to
>assassinate.  His bill does say, encouragingly, that assassination
>"is a remedy which should be used sparingly."

It's obviously to prevent another Clinton administration,
just as it was used to prevent various Kennedy administrations :-)
Also takes care of any lingering Gore recount problems.

Constitutionally, before you assassinate someone,
you have to propery indict the target and hold a trial in which
he or she is present, has a lawyer available,
and is allowed to question the witnesses and appeal whether any
sentence of death is cruel or unusual punishment.
_Then_ you can sneak up on them and kill them,
or poison their cigars, or give them an Israeli cellphone
or a Ford Pinto.

	"You can't arrest him, he's a Sovereign"
	"So declare war on him"
	"That's a dumb move against someone with nuclear weapons"

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com