we're listening: Tomlinson book deals

Blank Frank bf at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 18 15:10:16 PST 2001

                     We have found a literary agent in Zurich, who
indicated the willingness to assist in
                     the negotiations between our company and Richard.
After several rounds of
                     negotiations, some of which happened to be by
non-encrypted e-mail, and a day
                     before the signing the actual contract, the agent
got the following very
                     strongly-worded letter in German language,
promising, in part, the prison sentense
                     for their assistance.

                     Certainly, literary agent was not willing to risk
his freedom and promptly forgot
                     about the whole business.

                     Why we are sure it was routine e-mail interception?
Very easy. While Richard
                     Tomlinson was in Italy, the particular department
of the Italian Ministry of Defence
                     (MoD) was executing the eavesdropping requests by
the MI-6 order.

                     Eventually in the end of April 2000, something went
wrong with the Spagetti-based
                     email survelliance, and for several days in a row
we (along with other
                     correspondents) were receiving error messages, that
our particular letters and
                     Richard's replies to them were "unable to be
routed: Status 5.4.4" to the particular
                     email address, which traces to the Italian MoD
internal computer network.

                     The Italian Eavesdroppers' email was
robi at ms.ash.interbusiness.it

                     We will like to hear more details on the Italian
email eavesdropping in general and
                     this "robi" in particular and will gladly put them
on our web site.

http://www.thebigbreach.com/legal/