REAL assassination politics

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Thu Jan 18 11:59:56 PST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>from fas:
>

>ASSASSINATION POLITICS
>
>In a new bill introduced in the House of Representatives on January 3, Rep.
>Bob Barr proposed to eliminate the longstanding official prohibition
>against assassination.

Ew, ick.

This seems to be devolving to the level of "Fear and Loathing".

Don't these clowns realize where political assassination goes
once it gets started?  Do they just not read history books?

I guess the thing is, there's not only the traditional pitfalls...
In a world with widespread anonymous communication, there are
scads of new pitfalls, too.  None of which makes assassination
look like a good idea.

				Bear