oppose nomination of John Ashcroft

Harmon Seaver hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us
Wed Jan 17 11:29:28 PST 2001

Me wrote:

> > I personally would want  to find a better figure to
> > symbolize and speak for my right to arm myself.
>
> The chance of getting John Lott nominated is pretty slim; roll
> the dice again and we'll probably end up with the senior Senator
> from Utah.
>
> I've become resigned to speaking for my own right to bear arms,
> symbolizing it would be good too.

         Just heard Asskroft on the radio during the hearings affirming
his support for the assault weapon ban ( and Herr Busch's support of
same) and their intention to reimplement that ban when it sunsets. So
much for his being against guncontrol -- he made it pretty clear that he
believes the 2nd is about sporting arms, not military weapons.