oppose nomination of John Ashcroft

Greg Broiles gbroiles at netbox.com
Wed Jan 17 13:18:32 PST 2001

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:29:28PM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>          Just heard Asskroft on the radio during the hearings affirming
> his support for the assault weapon ban ( and Herr Busch's support of
> same) and their intention to reimplement that ban when it sunsets. So
> much for his being against guncontrol -- he made it pretty clear that he
> believes the 2nd is about sporting arms, not military weapons.

Yeah, and they made him apologize for telling the tired old joke about
how the only thing found in the "middle of the road" are moderates and
dead skunks. Sounds like everyone's taking this process real seriously.
Confirmation is more like a ritual hazing and has absolutely nothing
to do with a candidate's fitness for the job. We've survived Ed Meese
and Janet Reno, we'll survive John Ashcroft, too.

Greg Broiles gbroiles at netbox.com
PO Box 897
Oakland CA 94604