oppose nomination of John Ashcroft

sparky sparky at suba.com
Tue Jan 16 21:15:03 PST 2001

On 16 Jan 2001, at 19:54, Anonymous wrote:

> "Me" <commerce at home.com> wrote:

supporting
> conceal and carry laws and gun show loopholes to regulation."
>
> > Excellent, he is clearly a firm supporter of civil liberties.
>
> Might I second that, in this case.  Gee, maybe this website
should be
> named <http://www.supportashcroft.com/>; I was feeling kinda
lukewarm
> about his nomination until I saw it.  Thanks, sparky!

Hey, don't mention it. But don't miss the other areas of his policies,
like  women's rights, and such as the following:

"He supports limits on free speech over the Internet. He supported
legislation, later held unconstitutional, that sought to censor
communications over the Internet. And he supported legislation to
require  mandatory use of filtering on all computers used by
schools and libraries  receiving federal e-rate assistance."

Of course I realize that the freedom of citizens to bear arms is
going to be  near and dear to many if not all participating in this
list. But one has to  balance one issue against others. I feel that
women's rights are especially  important in a democratic society,
and I also feel that anyone who supports  the right to bear arms but
also supports the removal of separation of church  and state, and
the impositions against your speech over the internet to  which
such a postion leads, is not worth your time. I personally would
want  to find a better figure to symbolize and speak for my right to
arm myself.

sparkane