oppose nomination of John Ashcroft

Anonymous anonymous at anonymizer.com
Tue Jan 16 19:54:00 PST 2001

"Me" <commerce at home.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hmmmm... "Ashcroft has been hailed as an ally by the NRA, voting against
trigger locks and the assault weapons ban while supporting conceal and carry
laws and gun show loopholes to regulation."

> Excellent, he is clearly a firm supporter of civil liberties.

Might I second that, in this case.  Gee, maybe this website should be named
<http://www.supportashcroft.com/>; I was feeling kinda lukewarm about his
nomination until I saw it.  Thanks, sparky!

> Unfortunately, I don't see any place on your web page to voice my
> support for his nomination?

"In 1999, Ashcroft recorded radio ads urging Missouri voters to support an
NRA-sponsored ballot initiative that would have allowed almost anyone -
including convicted child molesters and stalkers - to carry concealed guns
in Missouri."

Maybe I should move to Missouri.  I've always wanted to shoot a
child molester.