Consensus Actions in Cipherspace?

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Sat Jan 13 23:55:37 PST 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, dmolnar wrote:

>	uses some kind of verifiable secret sharing protocol to split it
>	into shares.
<snip>

>	4) If a group agent thinks the message is spam, it sends its
>	share to Engineers Sans Frontiers or whoever.

>No central server now, just needs a verifiable secret sharing scheme.
>Pedersen has one,

Cite, or URL?  A verifiable secret sharing protocol could solve a *LOT*
of protocol problems and I want to read it closely. (Thanks in advance
for any pointers...)

>and another is part of the Proactive Security work I
>mentioned previously.

On Byzantine Agreements?  I have run into references to the topic, but
it was never really clear what Byzantine Agreement really means.

				Bear