IP, forwarded posts, and copyright infringement

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Jan 11 20:19:39 PST 2001

At 12:26 AM +0100 1/12/01, Tom wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 01:12:00PM +0100, Tom wrote:
>>  a friend of mine was an officer in the german army until very recently
>>  (he decided to get a real job :) ) - give me 24 hours and I'll tell you
>>  exactly what the past and current standard issue weapons are and what
>>  kind of ammo they fire.
>
>current weapon (after the G3) is the G36, obviously an advanced G3
>version. I didn't have much time to chat about the subject today, so if
>anyone wants to know ammo types, more details, whatever - ask and I'll
>find out.

Much information on the G36 is readily available on the Web. It is
not actually very similar to the G3, except for the roller-delayed
action used by HK in most of their semi-automatic rifles.

The caliber is, as per current NATO expectations, 5.56 mm.

I sent out a note entitle "More on the G3" this morning, but it has
not yet, 8-9 hours later, appeared in my mailbox. Could be delays and
glitches due to the storms hitting California today. If I don't see
it in the next several hours, I'll send it out again.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns