IP, forwarded posts, and copyright infringement

Harmon Seaver hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us
Wed Jan 10 19:58:06 PST 2001

   Oh, god, that goes waaay back. That's right, the HK G3 is a clone of the CETME.
Although I think, IIRC, that the CETME used the bolt from the German (WWII era)
MG-38/42 series of light machine guns, so it's not that the Spanish really
invented it. And, as a matter of fact, most of the CETME people were postwar
Deutsch refugees protected by Franco anyway.
    Nice weapons, all of them. Did you ever see the CETME light-weight version of
the MG-3 in .223? What a sweetie! Dual drums.
   Gotta' hand it to the krauts -- best damn weapons in the world. I could care
less what Smith & Colt do, as long as HK, SIG, and Walther keep on doin' what they
do!