Refutations Considered Unnecessary

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Jan 10 15:26:40 PST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:57:31PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> And of course there are at least a _dozen_ books on the general issue
> of "privacy." One of the Kennedy's co-authored one (or at least
> agreed to have her name put on the cover, perhaps). Whit Diffie
> co-authored one. And so on. A dozen, at least. Nothing new, either.

Yep. That was Caroline Kennedy, I recall. Good review of privacy
cases, little on tech stuff. I have probably a dozen privacy books on
my bookcases. EPIC publishes a few books (such as their review of
privacy regulations) a year.

> out there. I spend a lot of time in Borders and Bookshop Santa Cruz,
> two very large and well-stocked bookstores in my town. (Declan can
> confirm this, though he may not have seen the new Borders yet.) I
> browse, in the classical sense, the New Books section most times I'm

Yep. I have been in the new Borders, bought one of this micro-Perl
handbooks there.

-Declan