Possession of stolen books - an example

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Jan 10 11:02:21 PST 2001

At 12:47 PM -0600 1/10/01, Jim Choate wrote:
>Blueheart
>Alison Sinclair
>Harper Science Fiction
>ISBN 0-06-105820-3
>$6.50 US
>
>I quote from the 'fly' (or whatever it's called), the facing page to the
>first page of chapter 1.
>
>"If you purchased this book without a cover, you should be aware that this
>book is stolen property."
>
>They've been doing this for at least 20 years.

And incorrectly. Calling something stolen doesn't make it so. I could
tear the cover off a book I own and then sell it to Alice.

Publishers resort to FUD the same way TLAs do.

Be sure to notify my local Sheriff's Office, in Santa Cruz County,
that I am committing a crime.

Nitwit.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns