History Channel television show on NSA (fwd)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Jan 8 22:44:59 PST 2001

Ah, yes, I remember this. According to one article
(http://208.201.97.5/ref/hottopics/security/background/web-clinton-12-08-99.html) it was in FY2K appropriations, so report was long due.

---
According to language in a report on the bill, the CIA and NSA must
address the following in their report to congress:

The legal standards for interception of communications to or from
U.S. citizens.

The legal standards for intentional targeting of the communications to
or from U.S. citizens.

The legal standards for receipt from non-U.S. sources of information
pertaining to communications to or from U.S. citizens.

The legal standards for dissemination of information acquired through
the interception of the communications to or from U.S. citizens.
---

I recall it was sent to the relevant intel committees around Feb 00.

-Declan