Bell Case Subpoena

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 8 14:09:49 PST 2001

Today at 4:30 PM two Treasury agents, Tom Jack and Matthew
Mc Whirr, served me a Subpoena to Testify Before Grand Jury,
in US District Court of Western Washington, Seattle, WA, on
January 25, 2001, 9:00 AM. Robb London, AUSA, is the
applicant.

The agents asked no questions except to verify my identity.
The principal agent, Mr. Jack, referred me to Special  Agent
Jeff Gordon for questions if I had any, and presented a note
with Jeff's name, title, Treasury office, and phone number.
Mr. Jack said they knew nothing about the case and were only
serving the subpoena. I asked for Mr. McWhirr's name, borrowed
his pen to jot both names -- neither had cards, only badges to
show. Mr. Jack said they were with Treasury Inspector
General for Tax Adminstration (TIGTA), as is Jeff.

The date of the subpoena is December 27, 2000, and was
faxed to New York at 8:36 AM today.

The subpoena states in bold caps "We request that you do not
disclose the existence of this subpoena, because such a
disclosure may make it more difficult to conduct the investigation."

The subpoena is one page, with two pages of attachments,
one titled "Information for Grand Jury Witnesses," the other
a description of arrangements for reimbursement of
expenses.

The subpoena orders:

  You are commanded to appear and testify before the Grand
  Jury at place, date and time (as given above).

And,

  You are also commanded to bring with you the following
  document(s) or object(s):

  Please provide any and all documents, papers, letters, computer
  disks, photographs, notes, objects, information, or other items
  in your possession or under your control, including electronically
  stored or computer records, which:

    1. Name, mention, describe, discuss, involve or relate to James
    Dalton Bell, a/k/a Jim Bell, or

    2.  Were previously possessed, owned, created, sent by, transported,
    or oftherwise affiliated with James Dalton Bell, a/k/a Jim Bell, or

    3. Contain the names, addresses, license plate numbers, or any
    other identifying information involving any Government employees.

  This subpoena shall remain in effect until you are granted leave to
  depart by the court or by an officer acting on behalf of the court.

-----

We'll do a full transcription of the whole shebang to post on Cryptome
tonight.

Nothing in the subpoena indicates that it is restricted to the current
interstate stalking charges against Jim. Those charges are
not mentioned.

Anybody else who got one of these, or other subpoenas, and
wants to share send it over. Our fax: 212-787-6102. Delete any
info you don't want to be public.