cell phone anonymity

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 04:35:54 PST 2001

Trivial in UK - walk into shop, pick one off shelves, walk to counter,
pay money. They sell them in supermarkets & video rental shops now.

Last year's most common Christmas present. My Mum and my daughter both
got one. When you open the packet you can start talking within minutes.
The battery even had charge on it. There was bumf asking you to
"register" for which you got 5 pounds "free call time" but nothing to
stop you making calls without registering.

Ken