Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

Raymond D. Mereniuk Raymond at fbn.bc.ca
Sat Jan 6 20:06:59 PST 2001

> Why?  sexyfun.net traces to a .au domain, and Graeme Platt is already tired
> of hearing from me.
>
> At 03:26 AM 1/6/01 -0500, Pier Carlo Montecucchi wrote:
>  >I have sent a copy of this message to a cyber crime officer in Tallahassee

There is a web site at http://www.sexyfun.net which gives some
information on this virus.  Apparently the domain name sexyfun.net
was registered after the virus spread in an attempt to help people.
The owner of the domain appears to be located in North Carolina.

Once the virus inflects a system it sends out messages to everyone
in the address book.  This virus manages to remove all indication of
the sender except the IP address being used by the sender.  At this
point the sender is a victim and abusing them is of little value other
then they were so foolish to actually run the application when they
received it.

An easy way to check if you are infected is to drop to a MS-DOS
prompt and check for files with an extension of "vbs" in the windows
and windows/system directories.  The www.sexyfun.net web site
has lots of information and links to all the major anti-virus maker's
web sites.

Virtually

Raymond D. Mereniuk
Raymond at fbn.bc.ca
"The Ultimate Enterprise Security Experts"
http://www.fbn.bc.ca/sysecurt.html