When they came for the Jews...

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Jan 5 10:04:56 PST 2001

We don't have a website.  But the quote is supposed to be Martin
Niemvller

"In Germany, they first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the
Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for
the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me - and by
that time there was nobody left to speak up."

No doubt Tom Vogt has the original auf Deutsch.

Ken Brown