Electric Kettles

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jan 4 10:55:44 PST 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

> Great Topic!
>
> Steve Mynott wrote:
>
> > Ken Brown <k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk> writes:
> >
> > On a tangent a friend claimed Americans didn't have electric kettles
> > for boiling water.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm whether this is true?
> >
> I have never seen an electric kettle for boiling water for tea.

It is false. I have an electric kettle for boiling water. It gets used for
tea fairly often. (Or it did, until I bought a new tea kettle.)

Why some people believe these urban myths...

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."