Anglo-American communications studies

Craig McKie cmckie at ottawa.com
Thu Jan 4 10:44:34 PST 2001

Americans do not have electric kettles within the intended British
meaning. They tend not to know what you are talking about. The product
is absent from the shelves at Target and Walmart.

Most Canadian households would have electric kettles where gas cooking
is not involved. Something about tea-making perhaps?