Anarchy Eroded: Project Efnext

Sampo A Syreeni ssyreeni at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 3 00:23:18 PST 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Adam Back wrote:

>> One of the problems that efnext is trying to address, and a cause of
>> network instability is DOS attacks against servers by little kiddies
>> that want to take over channels.
>
>So what they should do is fix those problems robustly.  Instead
>they're using central control as a "fix".

AFAIK, the main changes related to DoS resilience have nothing to do with
centralized control, but rather making the low level operation of the server
network less visible. Nothing inherently wrong with that, I think. Remote
k and the new ojoin are what people worry about.

Sampo Syreeni <decoy at iki.fi>, aka decoy, student/math/Helsinki university