"...A Heaping dose of FUD..."

sunder sunder at sunder.net
Tue Jan 2 12:08:28 PST 2001

Clinton Admin goes out in a blaze of cyber-terror
By: Thomas C Greene in Washington
No Clinton Administration swan song would be complete without a heaping dose of cyber-crime FUD. We have not been disappointed.
National Security Advisor Richard Clark and National Infrastructure Protection Centre (NIPC) Director Michael Vatis are clanging the
cymbals again, warning that this year's New Year's cyber attacks might be even more devastating than last year's New Year's cyber
attacks.

You remember last year's New Year's cyber attacks, right?

Right. Neither do we. But this time the sky really is falling, we are assured. Apparently, a vast number of personal computers have
been turned into "zombies" (clients) for the Mother of all DDoS attacks, expected to commence New Year's Eve.

We think the only real "zombies" plugged into the Net are the living dead who would believe this drivel.

<SNIP>

$30.5 million for Digital Storm, an FBI programme upgrading old-fashioned analogue signals collection gear with slick new digital
stuff; $100 million for an overall FBI technology upgrade called the Information Sharing Initiative;

--
 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\