Microsoft Trial Judge Based His Break-Up "Remedy" On Flawed Theory, Not Facts

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Tue Feb 27 21:52:06 PST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Tim May wrote:

> If you are this easily persuaded, and come at "free speech" with such
> confusion, you have a lot of reading ahead of you. I envy you,
> actually.

It really isn't a point to be pursuaded, it's axiomatic in democratic
thought. The premise is that the only way to guarantee every person a say
in their society is to guarantee their say.

Not a hard concept at all. Unfortunately it's more than a tad non-PC,
especially to anarchist and federalist (statist by your term I believe).
Merely another observation that those who take oaths to protect our
liberty don't usually themselves believe in it.

Ask yourself (not Tim but the reader in general) why is it that in a
country dedicated to free speech the defendent in a trial doesn't get it
while in the courtroom?

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com