Archive Request

Tom tom at ricardo.de
Thu Feb 22 06:07:01 PST 2001

Reese wrote:
> For a slightly humorous, but thought-provoking address on how memory failure
> may encroach when questions stray from the pertinent, see
>
> <http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.98.11.30-98.12.06/msg00103.html>
>
> Will the real Anonymous please stand up?
>
> Reese

one quote really got me thinking:

"Will these problems that afflict me spread? You'd better hope
your sorry ass they do! If they don't, we're all in for a very
rough ride, and not 50 years from now, but tomorrow and next
year. We're already well down the slippery slope. Personally,
though, I think we're in for a shitstorm. That's because
people are basically unprepared for the degree of evil that
has been refined and distilled in government."

we've only had this democracy thing for a short time on a global scale
(yes, I know some countries have a few centuries, I was saying "global
scale"). and it's already heavily degenerating. we may be in for
interesting times once it reaches the point where revolution sounds more
promising than setting up a party for your interest. and that point may
not be far off.

enough politics, back to our regular flamming and spamming.