Your responses: The Key Vanishes

Dan Darden dld2517 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 19:15:46 PST 2001

I stumbled upon your responses to the NYT article
about the unbreakable crypto.  I agree with your
points and feel they are quite vaild.

However, I'd like to toss something else out.  In
order for one to assure that the random number
generator was authentic it would have to be trusted to
an even greater extent, using an unbreakable system of
its own, or perhaps the same system.

It seems that this would develop a certain paradox of
sorts.  How does the user exemplify trust in the
system?  If another source was interceded or
interposed in the way of the 'true' source, all one
would have to do is make the random 'pattern' long
enough and the encrypted data could be easily
retrieved.

The question is how do you ensure the trust of the
generator.  Satellites aren't fooproof.  How can the
unbreakable satellite encrypt itself?

If this message has violated your rights in any way I
do apologize, your address has not been added to any
kind of list.  This is a personal message.

Sincerely,
Dan Darden.

=====