Sealand and Experimental Rocketry

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Feb 21 16:05:42 PST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, David Honig wrote:

> At 01:53 AM 2/21/01 -0500, Jim Windle wrote:
> >I think Tim's point was simply that Sealand's location is too far north to
> be a good launch site.
>
> Undoubtably, but there are also Range Safety issues.. like them pesky
> europeans
> all around...

Sealand is an independent principality with no treaties related to
rocketry with any of them. What are they going to do, attack an
independent nation because a hobbyist fired off an amateur rocket?

Yep, that's how WWIII will start, you bet. Hell, by the time the radar
op's figure out what's going on you're so high you're off their scopes.
Just exactly how long do you think it takes to get to orbit at 50G's?
We're not flying a fucking school bus like the shuttle with 3-4G limits.
This is balls to the wall Isp.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com