FAQ? how to set up a cross-platform encrypted mailing list/forum

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Tue Feb 20 20:29:01 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Choate" <ravage at ssz.com>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Joseph Ashwood wrote:
> > So you write it so that unencrypted e-mail simply will be bounced.
Simple
> > enough to do.
> Really? Provide a reference to such an algorithm?
Actually considering that the reference was for PGP encrypted messages,
which have known characteristics. They decrypt, and since we also have
complete control over the requirements, you can require signatures. What are
the odds that an arbitrary message will have a verifiable PGP signature
attached? As well as appropriate formatting for decryption? That's one of
the beauties of formatting, we know exactly what it should look like, give
or take the middle parts.
                        Joe